Monday, May 12, 2008

The Beginning

Summer 2007

Since my visit to Cuba, when I felt God's tugging at my heart to assemble a team of missionaries and share the gospel, I had been struggling with insecurity and fears. I don't know the first thing about assembling and organizing a mission team. I'm not a pastor. I'm not equipped for such a task. Who am I kidding? Really, now. The lies of the enemy were unending.

On June 15th, 2007 as I was doing my devotions God led me to Jeremiah 1:6-7 "Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak, I am only a child." But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child' You must go to everyone I send you and say whatever I command you." Wow! It's not going to be me doing this. All I have to do is allow God to work through me and in me. So I let go and let God.

A prayer team was assembled. We prayed for forty days. We asked the Lord for wisdom, guidance and strength.

No comments: