Monday, May 12, 2008

The Trials

January 25th, 2008
Afternoon

"Blessed is the man who perserveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12

The time had finally come! I had sent out an e-mail inviting those interested in going on the mission to attend our first meeting scheduled for Saturday, January 26th.

On Friday the 25th I was home typing up the agenda for the meeting and a few of the things I wanted to discuss with the team. I was so excited! I couldn't believe it was finally happening. Suddenly there was a knock on the door of the office. This was unsual. You see, this was early afternoon, no one was supposed to be at home. When the door opened, it was John. He looked perturbed . I became immediately concerned. The news was bad. He had lost his job due to cut backs. My first instinct was to get up from the computer and lay down with the covers over my head. I was shocked! What were we going to do? Here I am planning a trip that requires finances and in an instant we had none. It was then that I recognized the attack. Satan was trying to boycott God's work and it was my choice to empower him or stomp on his head. I chose the latter. I stopped, prayed for strength, wisdom and vision, refocused and moved forward. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness! I had a renewed sense of purpose and believe it or not, the fear disappeared (for that moment, at least). I was able to complete the task at hand.

No comments: