Tuesday, August 26, 2008

From Sancti Spiritus With Love

Dear friends,
You cannot imagine how difficult it has been to get in touch with you today. I have tried so many ways and this is the only way I´ve been able to get through. God did amazing things in Cuba during our seven days of missionary work. We have seen His majesty so clearly that it has transformed our lives completely. As most of you know, we had planned to do Vacation Bible School and Youth Encounters. Well...the Lord had other plans. Our first sign of things to come was when we arrived at Jose Marti Airport in Havana and immediately secured the transportation we needed to get to the hotel. My cousin and his girlfriend were waiting for us as well as Nicole´s family. It had been a long trip and we were exhausted but very excited. We checked in the hotel and decided to walk around Old Havana. Some of the missionaries took tracts and distributed them among the people walking around. Several people accepted Christ right there and then. It was unbelievable!

I will give you more detailed information later. Right now I am at an internet cafe in the center of town with my cousin and my niece. I heard there´s a cyclone in the south, but I´m not worried. We´ve already been through a hurricane. The team went back yesterday among tears of joy and overflowing with the Spirit. If you happen to see any of the team members ask them about the trip, but be sure you have plenty of time when you ask, because there is a lot to tell.

I love you and miss you tons!
Lou

No comments: