Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Home Stretch

Blessings friends,
Our departure is on the horizon and the whole team is bursting with anticipation. On Thursday I went to the agency (Caribe Travel) and paid for our trip. Everything is in order and we cannot wait to see what God has prepared in advance for us to do. My sister came down Thursday to help me prepare the luggage. You see, a trip to the homeland is a whole production. We wrote lists, shopped, sorted clothes, and organized everything. Leidy stayed with me until everything was done. Praise God everything I'm taking is packaged and ready to go, all I need now is the suitcase.

God continues to bless us. Just this week we were witnesses to a miracle. You see, although the team has raised enough funds for us to go; several of the team members have been unsuccessful in raising their portion. I would like to share this testimony with you. Last week one of the team members asked me to write a fundraising letter for her. I did, we made copies and she picked them up. Before leaving my office she suggested we pray over the letters. We did. We asked the Lord for fruit from the letters and His will to be done. Last Wednesday I received a call from the team member. She shared with me that she had sought the Lord with all of her heart. She asked Him to confirm if His will was for her to go on this mission. She confessed to God that she was short on funds and wanted Him to know that if He didn't want her to go she would happily pray and support us from the sidelines. She said she went to work that morning and passed out the letters. She handed one to her boss; several minutes later he came back with a sealed envelope in it was a check for $1,000.00. God answered her with a resounding YES!

Praise be to you Father, for your hand upon us and this, your mission. May we do your work well. Continue to equip, guide, protect and provide for us. Help us finish the race victoriously so that your mighty name may be glorified. In Jesus name we pray. Amen

No comments: