Friday, August 15, 2008

The Miracles Continue

To God be the Glory forever and ever. Amen!
Today as Debbie, Audrey and I were driving to the bank to get the Cashiers Cheques for our trip, Debbie said something that has stayed with me all day. I was sharing a miracle that happened this week (I'll tell you about it in a minute) and she said..."Lou, if we don't get on the plane tomorrow, we'll still have enough testimonies to glorify God forever". My friends, Debbie is right. God's hand has been upon this mission since it was only a far off vision.
Now, I will share with you how amazing our God is. He has not only chosen the most amazing team of missionaries, He has provided the funds, He has equipped us to do the work, He has increased our faith and He has been guiding us all throughout. Just this week He has shown that He not only cares about the big stuff. He also cares about the little stuff. You see, a couple of years ago He entrusted me to take a group of girls to the Jewels Conference in Rancho Cucamonga. It was an awesome event. The speaker spoke directly to the hearts of all of us in attendance. After her powerful teaching, the speaker asked us to get into small groups to pray. I noticed one of the girls, Hannah Piohia, was weeping. I went to her and asked her what was wrong; between sobs she shared the her friend had given her a bracelet and later committed suicide. Hannah had lost the bracelet and she was upset because she had lost the one thing she could remember her friend by. I immediately felt the Lord telling me to give Hannah the cross I was wearing. It was a very simple, but unique gold cross that had been given to me by my sister-in-law as a birthday present. I took off my cross and hung it on Hannah's neck. I told her that she should always remember how much God loved her, and that the cross was a symbol of His love. I saw Hannah wearing it proudly. A few months ago Hannah's house was robbed. She sadly told me her cross had been stolen. I comforted her by reminding her that God had protected her and her family and that material things could always be replaced.
Last Tuesday, Linda Brownlee shared with me that she was at home wondering what she could give us to take to Cuba. She said she went to her jewelry box and found five Sacagewea dollars which she decided to give to us. When she handed me the plastic bag with the dollars in it I was shocked to see, that in addition to the dollars, there was a distinctive and unique gold cross in the bag. Friends, it was exactly like the cross that had been stolen from Hannah several months ago. Linda doesn't recall where the cross came from. She said that she saw it and decided to give it to us. Hannah is one of the missionaries going to Cuba. I am going to put it in a gift box for her and I am going to write..."With me all things are possible. I will never leave you nor forsake you. Love, Jesus" I am sure that this gift from God is going to bless Hannah the way it's bless all of us who witnessed this incredible miracle.
We will be departing for Cuba tomorrow at midnight. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER!

No comments: